join our team
Technical Support Engineer
Cooper Research Technology Ltd based in Ripley, Derbyshire are a manufacturer of high performance laboratory testing equipment and are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic multi-disciplined Electro-Mechanical Engineer with proven experience to strengthen the technical support and installation team.
You will provide proactive technical support of supplied equipment both on-site and remotely from our Ripley office via phone, email & remote access software. The role will also involve site installation of equipment both in the UK and Worldwide.
You will enjoy the benefits of working for a progressive, market leading high technology company, with an attractive salary package and employment benefits including paid travel & overtime, pension and a health care plan.
Technical support of new and existing laboratory test equipment including:
- Fault finding – electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, software.
- Interpreting and analysing data obtained from laboratory test equipment for support purposes.
- Providing proactive first-class customer support to new and existing customers.
- Time management and prioritisation relating to support cases.
- Liaising with other technical team members for specialist knowledge as appropriate.
Site installation of laboratory test equipment including:
- Electrical machine installation and commissioning including electrical safety checks.
- Installation planning including determining site requirements and commissioning methods.
- Training of customers on device functionality and basic testing methods.
- Proven practical experience of problem solving & fault finding on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Electrical installation & fault-finding experience backed up with an appropriate electrical qualification.
- Experience of working on-site under own initiative.
- An ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Experience of and the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Experience of face-face customer contact.
- A sound practical working knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Good general IT skills including Microsoft office products (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Experience of supporting Technical software.
- A working knowledge of IEC 18th edition
- Experience of instrument/transducer calibration
Candidate Personal Characteristics
- Full UK driving licence.
- A positive, can-do attitude and approach to work.
- Strong communication and client facing skills, including the ability to convey complex information to customers based worldwide.
- Flexibility to be able to work internationally, sometimes at short notice.
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge.
- Salary circa £28k+ negotiable based on experience.
- Paid overtime & travel including overnight stay allowance.
- Use of a Company Van.
- Westfield Health Plan and Company Pension Scheme.