A high quality machine for the indentation test with advanced auto data logging software to record and present the results via real time charts
The Indentation Testing Machine CRT-IND for determining the resistance to penetration of road and mastic asphalt by loading a cylindrical pin and measuring the indentation in a sample over a given time. The CRT-IND comprises of a frame incorporating a stainless steel water bath with drain facility, method of applying the 500 Newton load and means of recording the test results.The apparatus conforms to the requirements of EN 12697-20.The maximum nominal size of the aggregates should be less or equal to 16 mm. It comes with optional auto data logging software which saves test data files, shows a graphical representation of the test in real time, reduces operator involvement and thus eliminates chances of error.
Auto data logging software available which:
– Reduces operator involvement
– Eliminates chances of error
– Generates graphical representation of the test in real time
– Saves operator data, sample information data, time, and pertinent information relevant to the specific sample on test
– Reduces test costs significantly
- Heater element to comply with both temperatures requested by EN standard
- Stainless steel
- Temperature controlled water bath with drain facility
- Digital indicator with digital communications.
- CE Marked and Made in United Kingdom
- Determines the depth of indentation.
- To test the behavior of mastic asphalt, rolled and other such asphalts.
- CRT-INSOFT, A Cooper Technology designed and developed software package that allows for the automatic capture to PC of test data from the indentation test at the two required test temperatures* and over the four time durations. This software shows a graphical representation of the test in real time, storing the data in text files that can subsequently be opened in Excel.
*Additional function allows the user to input a temperature between 5°C (or ambient if higher) and 95°C.
Accessories are not included in the price of main device (unless stated otherwise) and may be purchased separately if required.
– Indent test data-logging software inc. PC Interface
– Saves Data from the Indent Test
– Graphical Representation of the test in real time
– Allows user to input between 5*C – 95*C
– Laptop included with the Software
||Penetration Test Mould 69mm (adjustable mould)
|CRT-IND-PIN-100 (Spare Part)
||Indenter Pin 100
|CRT-IND-PIN-500 (Spare Part)
||Indenter Pin 500
Technical specifications are subject to change without notice.
||(25 ± 1) N
|Total Test Force
||(525 ± 1) N
|100 mm2 Indentor Pin Diameter mm
||(11.3 ± 0.1)
|500 mm2 Indentor Pin Diameter mm
||(25.2 ± 0.1)
|Indentor Pin length
|| ≥20 mm
|Indentor Pin Thread Length
||8 mm (approx.)
|Deflection of Apparatus Upon Application of Force mm
|Base Plate Thickness mm
|Water Tank Capacity
|Water Temperature Range
||Ambient or 5 °C (whichever is higher) to 95 °C
|Water Temperature Stability
||± 0.5 °C
|Digital Indicator Resolution mm
|Digital Indicator Communications Protocol
||Digimatic via USB 2.0
|Dimensions mm (W x D x H)
|| 500 x 800 x 1000
||240 VAC, 1φ, 50/60 Hz, 4.5 A, 1 kW
¹ others available upon request
Calibration & Maintenance
Calibration, Annual Service and Maintenance Contracts are available for this device. We can also offer UKAS calibrated temperature monitoring at an extra cost.Note: This device should be calibrated and checked annually. Please enquire for further