The Cooper DSR-III incorporates technological innovations that enable optimal flexibility in rheological test capabilities and protocols.
- Grade testing to industry standards such as AASHTO and EN specifications with Time-Temperature Superposition for master curve generation.
- All modes of rheological operation – stress control, shear rate control and direct strain controlled oscillation at demand strain amplitude for accurate control of sample strain history.
- Unique rSpace software interface that offers total flexibility of test set-up – from sequence-driven Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-type functionality to fully customisable test design.
- Intelligent geometry recognition with full auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to guarantee robust data for all measurements.
- Complete sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard – because ensuring reliable rheology data for complex materials like asphalt actually starts before a measurement takes place.
- Exceptional vertical travel and gapping capabilities with ultra-responsive and highly sensitive normal force system for class-leading performance.
- Unique ‘plug and play’ cartridge system for all temperature and environmental controllers – all mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made in one simple action.
- Multi functional accessory design – plate cartridges with interchangeable lower plates and cylinder cartridges with interchangeable cups – for a cost-effective solution and widest application coverage.
- AASHTO TP 70-90
- AASHTO T315
Accessories are not included in the price of main device (unless stated otherwise) and may be purchased separately if required.
||DSR Silicon Rubber Mould Set
||Asphalt Temperature Calibration Device
||Software for DSR for MSCR analysis
||DELL Mini Tower PC
Technical specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Modes of operations
||Direct strain control. Shear rate control.
Shear stress control.
||100nNm to 150mNm. (Viscometry –
Controlled Rate and Controlled Stress)
||100nNm to 150mNm. (Oscillation –
Controlled Strain and Controlled Stress)
|Angular velocity range:
||10nrads-1 to 200rads-1
|Step change in strain:
||6.28µrads-1 to 628rads-1 (1µHz to 100Hz)
|Normal Force range
||0.001N to 20N
|Normal Force resolution:
|Normal Force response time:
|Vertical lift speed:
||0.1µms-1 to 20mms-1
|Gap resolution (over full vertical lift range):
|Fully configurable vertical profiles:
||By speed and by Normal Force
|Raw instrument variables:
||5kHz constant streaming data
|Complete sample history:
||Data available from loading to unloading as standard
||USB2 – Plug and play
||Auto-identification and auto-configuration
– plug and play
|Interchangeable lower plates:
||Varying pedestal plate diameters and surface
finishes plus a range of cylinders including specific
configurations for crumb rubber and solids testing
|Cartridge environmental controllers
||Auto-identification and auto-configuration – plug and play
||-40°C to 150°C (Peltier plate and active hood cartridges).
-30°C to 150°C (Peltier cylinder cartridge), 0°C to 300°C
(High temperature cartridge)
|Dimensions mm (W x D x H)
||490 x 485 x 680
|Weight (approx.) Kg
||110 or 220
|Operating temperature (°C)
||15°C – 40°C
||35% – 80% non-condensing
||Complete Asphalt and rheometer package