Pendulum Skid Resistance Tester
The Cooper-Wessex skid resistance tester CRT-PENDULUM (also known as British Pendulum Tester) is one of the best portable skid resistance tester in the world.
The Cooper-Wessex Pendulum Skid Resistance Tester CRT-PENDULUM is the high quality skid resistance testing equipment. Originally designed in the 1940s in the US, the instrument was further developed in the 1960s at the UK Transport Research Laboratory for the testing of road surfaces.
The CRT-PENDULUM PST
measures the frictional resistance between a rubber slider mounted on the end of a pendulum arm and the test surface. This provides highway engineers with a routine method of checking the resistance of wet and dry surfaces to slipping and skidding, both in the lab and on site.
It is based on the Izod principle: a pendulum rotates about a spindle attached to a vertical pillar. At the end of the tubular arm a head of known mass is fitted with a rubber slider. The pendulum is released from a horizontal position so that it strikes the sample surface with a constant velocity. The distance travelled by the head after striking the sample is determined by the friction of the sample surface. A reading of Skid Resistance is obtained.
- Designed for laboratory and in situ road surface testing
- Dispatched calibrated to EN1097-8 (accredited under ISO 9001:2000)
- Comes with integral ‘F’ scale for use with small slider set for 76mm slide length. (PSV test)
- Low friction arm, and lightweight pointer
- Repeatable and reproducible
- Supplied with robust carrying case
- Made in the United Kingdom
- Assessment of surface friction and skid resistance properties
- Testing of aggregates in the PSV (polished stone value) test
- Testing of new road surface materials under development
- Testing of pedestrian walkways
- Traffic accident investigations,
- Testing of pavers in the Flat Bed Polisher
- EN 1097-8:2009
- BS 812 Pt. 114
- AS/NZS 4586:1999
- BS 6077 Pt 1
- BS 7044
- BS 7188
- BS 8204
- BS 7976
- EN 1436 : 1997
- EN 13036-4:2003
- ASTM E303-93
Calibration & Maintenance
Calibration, Annual Service and Maintenance Contracts are available for this device. Please enquire for further details. Note: This device should be calibrated annually.