Wheel Tracker Small Device
The Wheel Trackers CRT-WTEN1 and CRT-WTEN2 are supplied with a UKAS certificate providing conformance to EN 13108.
Wheel tracking is used to assess the resistance to rutting of asphaltic materials under conditions which simulate the effect of traffic. A loaded wheel tracks a sample under specified conditions of load, speed and temperature while the development of the rut is monitored continuously during the test. Test specimens can be either slabs prepared with a laboratory compactor or 200mm Ø cores cut from the highway.
The Wheel Tracker CRT-WTEN1 performs both procedures A and B specified for the small scale device in EN 12697-22. Procedure A requires that six specimens are tested. For procedure B, only two specimens need to be tested, but rut depth must be measured at more points along the longitudinal rut profile. To speed up the testing process, the Wheel Tracker CRT-WTEN2 was designed to test two specimens simultaneously.
- Determination of the rut resistance of asphaltic paving materials
- EN 12697-22 Small device
- AST 01:2004
- BS 598-110:1998
- Test materials for roads with axle loads up to 13 tonnes
- Rigid test frame built from extruded aluminium section
- Integral temperature controlled cabinet with double glazed doors
- PID control of test temperature in the range of 40ºC to 62ºC
- Rack for pre-test temperature conditioning of specimens
- The CRT-WTEN2 tests two specimens simultaneously
- Specimens compacted with Cooper Technology Roller Compactor can be transferred directly to the wheel tracker without de-moulding
- Closed-loop speed control
- User-friendly Windows™ software
- Supplied with certification of a UKAS accredited calibration
- User friendly, intuitive and reliable Windows™ software developed using LabVIEW™
- Software is designed to perform EN 12697-22 Small device
- Software automatically starts the wheel tracker, maintaining the speed at the specified 26.5 cycles per minute
- Measures rut deapth and sample temperature automatically at regular intervals
- A continuously updated on-screen graph shows rut depth versus time, along with the rut profile and temperature
- Software stops the wheel tracker on completion of a test and prints a test if required
- Stored test data can be analysed and compared with other test data utilising a spreadsheet package
- Utilities are included for transducer check, diagnostic routines and RTD calibration
Calibration & Maintenance
Calibration, Annual Service and Maintenance Contracts are available for this device. UKAS accreditation to satisfy typed testing as described in EN 13108. Please enquire for further details.
Note: This device should be checked and calibrated annually.