Servo-Pneumatic Universal Testing Machine
Rapid determination of modulus, permanent deformation and fatigue of bituminous mixtures using cylindrical specimens that are cored from the highway or prepare in laboratory
The Servo-pneumatic Universal Testing Machince CRT-UTM-NU is a development of the Nottingham Asphalt Tester
which was developed by Keith Cooper and Professor Steven Brown at the University of Nottingham. The use of a high precision servo-pneumatic valve in conjunction with a low-friction actuator and sophisticated data acquisition and control, results in a performance that is equivalent to servo-hydraulic systems.
Accurate, digitally generated waveforms are applied by the actuator producing repeatable stress variations in test specimens that are simulative of those in a road pavement due to moving traffic. The actuator is double-acting allowing both compressive and tensile forces to be applied. A triaxial cell system is available for the measurement of the resilient modulus of unbound materials.
- Low cost dynamic loading universal test system ideally suited to testing asphalt and unbound granular materials.
- Double acting low friction actuator with integral stroke transducer.
- Utilises high performance ceramic spool servo-valve.
- High quality stainless steel frame.
- Issued with UKAS accredited certificate of calibration for EN 12697-24, EN 12697-25, EN 12697-26.
- Accessories available to perform a range of standard and non standard test methods.
- Can be supplied with standard software to perform EN, ASTM and AASHTO test methods and universal software with which to design non standard test routines.
- Assessment of resistance to permanent deformation (rutting).
- Measurement of stiffness modulus.
- Assessment of resistance to fatigue cracking.
- Resilient modulus of unbound materials.
- Mix design.
- User friendly, intuitive and reliable
- Windows™ software developed using LabVIEW™.
- Standard test software available to meet specific EN, ASTM and AASHTO test methods.
- Universal test software for the development of test methods using static, sinusoidal, haversine, square, triangular with user selected frequencies and data collection rates.
- Stored test data can be imported into a spreadsheet package to be analysed by the user.
- Utilities are included for transducer check, diagnostic routines and calibration.
Calibration & Maintenance
Calibration, Annual Service and Maintenance Contracts are available for this device. UKAS accreditation to satisfy typed testing as described in EN 13108.
Please enquire for further details. Note: This device should be checked and calibrated annually.